Friday 24 August 2012

Wildflower recipe: Achilles' heels

Here's a recipe taken from the book "The Weeders Digest" by Gail Harland

Achilles' heels

serves about 4, approximate cooking time 30 minutes

You will need:

  • Large handful of Yarrow leaves
  • 6 spring onions, chopped
  • 30g butter
  • 200g potato, boiled and mashed with a splash of milk
  • oil to fry patties

How to make your achilles' heels

  1. boil the leaves in salted water for 10 minutes then drain
  2. fry the spring onions and drained leaves in the butter for a few minutes, then add to the mashed potato and mix thoroughly
  3. form into small patties and fry until golden.  serve with thick rashers of grilled back bacon
Haven't tried this yet but I absolutely adore bubble and squeak so I think I'll love achilles' heels.

Please please please try this recipe and let me know what you think of it by posting a comment.  I'll try it out on my husband without telling him he's eating weeds, and then I'll let you know if he complains or if he asks for more.

No comments: